PFR Community Farms School Membership
- have one of our staff attend with volunteers with Working With Children checks for 8 hours per week (with time set aside for assistance with curriculum activities)
- set the school up with planting plans and organic heirloom seedlings
- create a school garden committee, hold meetings and build a succession plan for the garden
- East Hills District Schools Harvest Festival affiliation and assistance
- therapeutic horticulture workshop and support
- consultation and planning with local elders on Indigenous edible plants.
Both Free Rangers Jacqui and Anna have valid working with children checks, as well as backgrounds in sustainability, early childhood, aged care and disability care specialising in Therapeutic Horticulture. They have degrees in Social Science and Chemical Engineering and a few of their own kids too!