PFR Community Farms School Membership
- have one of our staff attend with volunteers with Working With Children checks for 8 hours per week (with time set aside for assistance with curriculum activities)
- set the school up with planting plans and organic heirloom seedlings
- create a school garden committee, hold meetings and build a succession plan for the garden
- East Hills District Schools Harvest Festival affiliation and assistance
- therapeutic horticulture workshop and support
- consultation and planning with local elders on Indigenous edible plants.
Free Ranger Jacqui and our volunteers at schools have valid working with children checks. Jacqui also has a background in sustainability, early childhood, aged care and disability care specialising in Therapeutic Horticulture. She has a degree in Social Science and a few of her own kids too!
The schools we are currently working with are:
- Panania Public School
- East Hills Public School
- Revesby South Public School
- East Hills Girls High School